12.6.12

Tourist at Home

If you didn't know better, and you saw me on the street you might think I'm a tourist based on all the stuff I've been doing lately.

My Mom came to visit, so we spent Memorial Day Weekend dying in the heat.  Kidding, we had a great time.

Eating all over town, and having some hits (breadpudding pancakes at Southport Grocery, truffle pasta at Gilt Bar) and misses (will remain nameless).  We also had the opportunity to take part in Bike The Drive where they close Lakeshore Drive to let a bunch of nut jobs get up at 5 am and ride their bikes on it.  
(our view from the Southside)
We also went to the top of Willis Tower and stood on the Sky Deck.  This "glass box" is all that stands between you and plummeting to your death.  Unsettling is the word I would use to describe standing on it.

(look out below)
In about 4 days I am leaving Chicago (maybe forever, but more on that another day) to take the trip of a life time, riding my bike across the country.  I was not able to complete my bucket list but I have been doing my best to take in everything my new city has to offer.  Like Bobtail ice cream cakes.  I could "take in" a few of those, haha.  The o.a.o. had a birthday a few days ago.  I couldn't resist.

(go Illinois!)

We ate cake, we drank champagne, and I got to ride on the ferris wheel at Navy Pier.  We road back to Lakeview and saw the most beautiful sunset.


Whether or not I get to come back to Chicago is totally up in the air, but the two months I've been here have been more than amazing... I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment